Experience of delivering the following:
- Redesigning local authority placement procedures. These have resulted in improved stability, financial savings, improved outcomes and significant social worker satisfaction.
- Advising Local Authorities on effective arrangements for developing framework contracts, dynamic purchasing systems or approved provider lists.
- Supporting an independent children’s home provider with developing an ISO 9001 quality assurance framework
- Working with a Local Authority to develop a social work manual for Looked After Children
- Working as an associate for a reputable organisation, work was undertaken to support the transfer of social work services from a Local Authority to an independent provider. In line with “The Providers of Social Work Services (England) Regulations 2013”, work was completed to develop and monitor joint working protocols between a council and the new social work provider
- Undertaking research on the detailed arrangements for sourcing and arranging placements for individual children. These have included a specific focus on the tools and processes used by commissioners and providers.
- Supporting a Local Authority with developing a Children’s Services social care and safeguarding service plan.
- One off scrutiny visits to Local Authority Commissioning teams and placement providers to provide advice on how services, systems and procedures can be improved.
- Contributing to numerous DfE consultations and research projects relative to children in the care system. I was a contributing author to the sufficiency guidance
- A voluntary member of the planning group for the annual National Children’s Commissioning and Contracting Conference. This work has resulted in establishing a robust network with commissioners and providers of children’s services across the UK
- Regulation 44 visits to Children’s Homes
Please note that I do not offer a brokerage / placement finding service to either local authorities or independent providers.